02 August 2008
- No injuries. While that may seem laughable to mention after one day, Demetrius Goode went down this early last year. Bama made it through the first day without losing anyone, and that's a big deal.
- Incoming Freshman Offensive Lineman Tyler Love was still wearing what looked to be a small air cast, though it could just be an extra brace on his right foot. He suffered a stress fracture during the summer, but is expected to be back to 100% by the beginning of school.
- We reported earlier that Chris Jackson was not on the first roster released to the public. That likely stemmed from a number change for Chris. He was wearing #86 in the spring, but has now switched to #19.
- Incoming Freshman Don'ta Hightower has already switched from the #56 listed in the media guide to #30.
- Baron Huber was working out with the Running Backs. He spent a good deal of time at Linebacker during the spring, but for now he's back on offense.
- Brian Motley is still working with the Offensive Line. He made the move from Nose Guard late in spring practice and lots of folks seemed to think that the move was made because of an injury that kept him from doing everything that they wanted on Defense. For now he's working with the O-Line, though at what position, we don't know. With Patrick Crump having departed, Bama's extreme lack of depth at Guard, and Brian's physical makeup, Right Guard is the likely candidate.
- Incoming Freshman Glenn Harbin & Michael Williams were both working with the Outside Linebackers, presumably the JACK Linebacker position. It was initially expected that Harbin would work at Defensive End and Williams at Tight End.
- Jonathan Lowe was not at either practice session. He wasn't a part of the group that worked out with the team prior to school starting last season, so this does not necessarily mean that he has left the team. Those rumors have been around, and if any official word comes down, we'll let you know.
- There was a lot of buzz surrounding Friday night's practice, as that is when all of Bama's incoming class made their practice debuts. There's not much that can be seen by watching guys run around in shorts, but they all passed the "eye test". This group looks as though they are coming in ready to compete. There is certainly more to it than that, but that is half the battle on day one.
|< Prev||Next >|