05 August 2008
- No injuries again today. If you're wondering why this is important, check with Auburn, who had 2 injuries yesterday, one a potentially serious one to starting Cornerback Aairon Savage.
- Darius Hanks & Chris Jackson both continued to be in black no contact jerseys again today, so the Tide is not totally injury free. Neither of those is considered to be serious, and Hanks is expected to be cleared for full work(he's been doing limit team drills) any day, while Jackson has been seen doing nothing but riding an exercise bike during the media viewing area.
- The big news of the day was that redshirt Freshman Demetrius Goode was working with the Cornerbacks. The Tide Running Back stable is crowded so it's not a shock to see someone make the move, but Goode was not one I had in mind. Moves this early in the camp are by no means permanent, and he could be back with the offense tomorrow. But taking a look to see if he can contribute at a less crowded position is always a good(e) idea.
- More movement on the Offensive Line. True Freshmen Barrett Jones & John Michael Boswell also switched, with Jones moving to Left Guard and Boswell to Right Tackle. This is likely a case of letting Freshmen learn all of the positions to see where they are best. Neither of these guys is prototype for any position on the line the way that Tyler Love is at Tackle, so this is a great idea.
- B.J. Scott & Julio Jones both continue to progress, with each guy now working with the 2nd unit at Wide Receiver, Scott in slot & Jones outside. Obviously the rotation at receiver will be fluid, with various formations requiring various roles. Seeing them make the move already is an indication that they will likely be early contributors.
- Luther Davis has jumped back ahead of Nick Gentry at Right Defensive End. Davis has probably always been ahead, but his brief absence during the spring dropped him to the bottom of the chart.
- For the 2nd straight day Don'ta Hightower worked at the WILL and Courtney Upshaw at the JACK. Both of these were their expected positions, but each guy started elsewhere.
- Brandon Gibson is taking advantage of the numbers at WR being a bit depleted with Hanks & Jackson not fully participating. The redshirt Freshman has had consecutive impressive days.
|< Prev||Next >|