08 August 2008
- Marcel Dareus joined the group in black no contant jerseys, though his injury (undisclosed at the moment) is unknown. The other guys in black continue to be Darius Hanks, Baron Huber & Ali Sharrief.
- It's a minor setback for Dareus as he has been the most impressive of all of the incoming players on defense. He's settled in at defensive end, and has likely made his way into the playing rotation. Hopefully this injury will not keep him out but a couple of days.
- B.J. Scott could possibly be in a black jersey tonight after tweaking his hamstring this morning. This is likely a carry-over from Fan Day when he came up from a big collision with Rashad Johnson & Kareem Jackson holding his hamstring. Hamstrings can be tricky in terms of healing time, so it wouldn't surprise me to see B.J. miss tomorrow's scrimmage. That's a shame as he was likely to see some time with the first unit in the receiver rotation.
- With Sharrief limited in his black jersey walk-on Tyrone King (now wearing #20, a change from #39 in the spring) has seen a lot of time with the 2nd unit secondary. He actually played ahead of Justin Woodall last season, and it would not surprise me at all to see him get some time this year.
- Brandon Gibson & Nikita Stover put together another solid practice. They are, seemingly, the forgotten men in the wide receiver rotation with all of the hype surrounding the true and redshirt freshmen. Both of these guy will be a part of the rotation this year, with Stover getting reps at all 3 receiver positions.
- There was a continued emphasis put on throwing the ball to backs and tight ends. Chris Underwood & Brad Smelley continue to be the biggest beneficiaries of this work.
- More NFL scouts were on hand today, this time from the Buffalo Bills.
- Practice will be held again at 7:30 tonight, likely in shells. The Tide will scrimmage tomorrow afternoon at 2:30, unfortunately closed to the public. We'll have reports from both practices.
|< Prev||Next >|