21 December 2008
Thank you again, Auburn, for hiring such an amusing candidate. It's made all our jobs easier. Here's your Chizik links this week - I don't imagine this will be a recurring feature, but we'll see.
- Let's get the race stuff out of the way up top. We must begin with the fact that Jay Jacobs is a moron.
- The hire wasn't racist; it was simply cronyism. Which is sort of institutionalized racism. And, finally, here's an excellent discussion of why the ire is focused on Southern schools by an Ole Miss blogger. All three of these notes are excellent thoughts on race.
- A fellow at the Bleacher Report weaves an interesting yarn about the Auburn coaching saga. Guaranteed to be at least 80% conjecture, so know that going in. But it's interesting...
- The Sports Economist has an interesting piece on hiring coaches on losing streaks (h/t to Get The Picture).
- The folks at Iowa State don't seem like they'll miss him - NSFW.
- LSU blog And The Valley Shook! takes a page from the folks at Dawg Sports, running a Gene Chizik victory watch. It took a whole week to chronicle his entire history of wins.
- Knoxville columnist John Adams says that Auburn has made it easier for the Tide.
- You won't believe who is interested in ISU's vacancy...
- Finally, the obligatory Hitler video mash-up. It's worth a moment of your time, but NSFW.
|< Prev||Next >|