01 December 2008
- Tennessee officially announced Lane Kiffin as their new coach today. ESPN is reporting that his dad Monte, the current DC for the Tampa Bay Bucs will join him, and rumors have run rampant that former Ole Miss HC Ed Orgeron could join the staff.
- The hot rumor around the south is that former Tennessee DC John Chavis could be close to joining the staff at LSU.
- No real, viable candidate has emerged in Mississippi State's two day old search for head coach after Sylvester Croom resigned on Saturday. There were some initial grumblings about Phil Fulmer looking that way, but I can't imagine him taking that kind of pay cut. Don't be surprised to see Dennis Franchione's name mentioned, though I don't think he'll slink that close to Tuscaloosa.
- While I can't imagine that Auburn will come up with the $6 million to buy out Tommy Tuberville's contract, there are the typical post-Iron Bowl loss rumors of a firing on the plains. I'll believe it when I see it. There will have to be an OC hired, and something tells me that won't be the only staff change.
- Mark Richt is telling folks that he is not planning to make any changes to his coaching staff after a disappointing season in which the preseason #1 Bulldogs are sitting at 9-3.
- It's not an SEC job, but since Dabo Swinney is an Alabama graduate, it bears mentioning here... Dabo has been named the head coach at Clemson. He did a great job with Clemson after Tommy Bowden was fired, leading the Tigers to a 4-1 record down the stretch to get them bowl eligible.
|< Prev||Next >|