17 July 2008
- He came to Alabama as a part of the same wide receiver recruiting class as DJ Hall & Keith Brown.
- After catching only 5 passes as a Freshman, and given his size, he was moved to Tight End for his Sophomore season.
- His Junior season saw another position move, this time to Defensive End. Illness cut his season short after 4 games, and he was granted a medical redshirt.
- In February of 2007 it was determined that the illness was caused by a heart murmur, and he had surgery to correct that.
- Despite the surgery, he learned yet another new position, this time SAM linebacker, and spent the entirety of his 2nd Junior season as the starter at the position - ending the season with 64 tackles, 11 tackles for a loss, 3 sacks & 2 interceptions; was named Co-Defensive Player of the Week by the coaches 3 times.
- On January 29 of 2008 he collapsed during a workout and spent the night at Tuscaloosa's DCH Health Systems.
- Student privacy laws have prohibited the University from making an official announcement regarding exactly what is wrong with Zeke. The word from sources is that this is a blood clotting issue, caused by the heart problem.
- He missed all of spring practice, and was not re-instated to participate in work-outs during the summer session.
- Word broke yesterday that he was seeking to transfer to Faulkner State, but their medical staff would not clear him.
- Today Nick Saban announced that he is no longer medically qualified to play.
|< Prev||Next >|