31 August 2009
A couple of Monday morning notes - it is, in fact, game week.
We expect UA Media Relations to release the game notes, which will likely include a depth chart. We're expecting this mid afternoon. We're prepped and ready to bring it to you as soon as it's released. That will also kick off the process of re-creating the printable roster and depth chart that we've received some e-mail about.
Other notes and links as we get ready for this weekend:
- Alabama will wear white at the Georgia Dome. Don Kausler Jr has that and other notes. Kausler is the new Bama beat writer for the Birmingham News. He covered the Tide in 82 and 83 (Bear Bryant's last season and Ray Perkins's first). He brings a ton of experience to the job, and I'm looking forward to reading more of his stuff.
- If you follow our Twitter feed, you already know that Nick Saban signed an extension Saturday that will keep him in Tuscaloosa until 2017. Cecil Hurt (as usual) had the best thoughts on the deal.
- TideSports.com is changing. In a big way. Sometime today, the Tuscaloosa News will launch TideSportsExtra.com and if you want to continue to read Cecil Hurt, you'll have to cough up some cash - $59 for the year, or $10.00/month.
- As part of that launch, BamaOnline and the Tuscaloosa news have completed a Chase Goodbread for Christopher Walsh swap. Walsh was formerly with the News, and is moving to the Rivals network. Goodbread is bravely headed from the new media to old. Good luck to all involved.
- That launch has many many folks on the TideSports.com forums up in arms and looking for a new home to chat about Bama football. We just might have an appropriate landing place soon. Stay tuned for some big changes that are coming up here at the Bama Sports Report. We hope to have an announcement this week.
|< Prev||Next >|